- Successful representation in setting up Uber operations in Egypt and successfully defending Uber against legal challenges before Egyptian courts.
- Successful representation of Skoda Auto before Egyptian courts as well as the Egyptian Consumer Protection and Competition authorities in relation to an ongoing USD 225 Million dispute involving the termination of a contractual distributorship with an Egyptian distributor.
- Representation of Union Fenosa Gas on Egyptian law issues in relation to its ongoing proceedings against an Egyptian state entity for its failure to perform its contractual obligations under a Natural Gas Sale and Purchase Agreement signed between the parties. In relation to this dispute, there are two different arbitration proceedings filed by the Spanish Gas company against the Egyptian State Entity at Cairo Regional Center for International Commercial Arbitration (CRCICA), and another proceeding registered with ICSID against the Egyptian Government.
- Successful representation of a multinational steel manufacturing corporation in the amicable settlement of a USD 600 Million investment dispute in proceedings registered with ICSID against the Arab Republic of Egypt.
- Representation of a major Japanese automotive manufacturer in defending client against claims in Egyptian courts exceeding USD 1 Million in complex cross-border litigation.
- Successful representation of a major glass manufacturing client in the amicable settlement of a high-value CRCICA arbitration.
- Successful representation of a blue-chip GCC corporate client in a high-value commercial dispute before CRCICA.
- Successful representation of over 10 multi-national blue-chip manufacturing companies in high-value disputes before Egyptian courts relating to termination of agency/distribution relationships.
J.D. with Honors
B.A. – Double Thesis, International Relations/Literary Theory with high honors
- Egypt, “The Middle Eastern and African Arbitration Review 2017”, Global Arbitration Review, 2017, pp. 70 – 77
- Egypt, “The European, Middle Eastern and African Arbitration Review 2016”, Global Arbitration Review, 2016, pp. 56-61.
- Egypt, “Arbitration in Africa – A Review of Key Jurisdictions”, Sweet & Maxwell, 2016.
- Egypt, “The European, Middle Eastern and African Arbitration Review 2015”, Global Arbitration Review, 2015, pp. 59-63.
- Egypt, “The European, Middle Eastern and African Arbitration Review 2014”, Global Arbitration Review, 2014, pp. 58 – 62.
- PPP Middle East & North Africa Summit, Speaker on Egyptian PPP Project Agreements, City & Financial, 2007.
- “Venture Capital Investment in Egypt – Legal and Regulatory Issues”, International Mergers & Acquisitions Review 2004/2005, Euro-money Publications, 2004.
- “Equity Transactions in Egypt – Legal and Regulatory Issues Faced by Inward Investors”, International Mergers & Acquisitions Review 2003/2004, Euromoney Publications, 2003.
- “Gas Regulation in Egypt”, Global Competition Review, 2003.
- “The Regulatory Regime for Public Utilities Concessions in Egypt”, International Power Finance Review 1999/2000, Euromoney Publications, 1999.
- “Egypt Amends Companies law”, Middle East Executive Reports (“MEER”), May 1998.
- New York State Bar Association – Member
- International Bar Association – Member
- ABA Rule of Law Initiative – Advisory Board Member, Egypt
- ICC Arab Arbitration Group – Member
- Board of Trustees, St. Andrew’s School – Board Member
- Young Presidents’ Organization – Member
- American Chamber of Commerce – Member